Tonight was our pathfinder game which we have affectionately termed 'The Fuck Squad'. We continue to horrify/terrify.befuddle our newbie GM, but she keeps inviting us back! Probably because we have the best snacks. Tonight we had: nanaimo bars, earl grey tea short bread, oat meal cookies, chips, local cherries and raspberries, and chocolate dip for the fruit. And cider. And I think I might be forgetting something? Also oreos I guess
I apparently touched something I shouldn't have with my left middle finger, because the skin blistered and is peeling (doesn't hurt, but it looks like it's wrinkled form being in water too long). I have no idea what I could have touched with just that one finger that wuld have that effect o_O
Also I did an Ask meme on Tumblr, to whit:
Fic writing questions!
- So reblog this if I can pop into your box and ask you questions about writing (You can probably make a version for art, too). And you can ask them to me if you really want to.
- Specify fandom if you want for any of the questions.
- 1. Which is your favorite of the fics you've written for X fandom?
- 2. Favorite piece overall?
- 3. Which was the hardest to write, in terms of plot?
- 4. Which has the most "you" in it, however you'd define that?
- 5. What is an image/set of images that you're particularly proud of?
- 6. Idea that you always wanted to write but could never make work?
- 7. Least favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- 8. Favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- 9. Favorite character to write?
- 10. Favorite line or lines of dialogue that you've written
- 11. If I'm showing off just one of your pieces to someone, which one should it be?
- 12. What WIPs do you have going now? Are you excited about them?
- 13. Are there any things that might have happened in any of your stories, but you changed them at the last minute? (So-and-so dies, they don't actually kiss, main character has long extended ballet-based dream sequence, etc.)
- 14. Would you want to write canon for any of your fandoms (like be hired by showrunner to do an episode)? Which one?
- 15. Does font matter to you when you're writing a draft?
- 16. 3 favorite comments ever received on fanfic.
- 17. Any mean comments? How'd you deal with it? Who laid the smackdown?
- 18. If you could go back and revise one of your older stories, which would it be?
- 19. Do you make up scenes at work/on the bus/at the gym? Who are the characters that pop up the most? Do you write them down?
- 20. Go nuts, and talk about writing. Or write me a little ficlet-whatsit using a character/image/line I shall now specify:
- Go on, my chickens, and ask each other questions
... and Nary asked me three, which I answered:
6. Idea that you always wanted to write but could never make work?
- I have so many! Mostly I run out of energy for writing them, so they remain WiPs. I have some probably-novel-length story ideas that I know I will never get down, just because they’re too big for me to manage. One is based on a superhero character I came up with and never really played, but I’ve fleshed out significantly in my mind…about a girl who finds out that her father was basically an alien prince who fled here after a coup… I think the story is too big, and I also don’t think I have the cultural knowledge I’d need to write it well and do the characters justice without a whoooole lot of research and some good sensitivity readers.
9. Favorite character to write?
-I’m not sure I have one, honestly. It varies with my mood and interests of the moment. The better I understand them the easier they are to write though, so that means a lot of RPG characters and OCs, but that doesn’t necessarily make them my favourites (except maybe in that moment).
16. 3 favorite comments ever received on fanfic.
Ummm, hmmm. *ages later after reading through a million comments*
Well, other than the ones that went ‘I love this story and wold like to accept it for publication in X’… Mostly they are Exchange Squee - one where an author I really like called the fic I wrote for them ‘absolutely brilliant’, one where the comment was just really long and loving and super detailed pulling out a lot of quotes and talking about the themes and such, and one non-recip comment on a drabble written for an exchange that was basically “I really couldn’t believe that was only 100 words, how did you do that to my emotions.”
.... but if anyone wants to ask me more questions here, have at!